Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dehanna Bailee Visits Anna Maria Prezio on her Book Tour


Hi Dehanna, thanks for stopping by. We excited to learn about your novella, "For Better or Worse." Please tell us about it.



"For Better or Worse," a contemporary paranormal romance novella being e-published by LiteraryRoad.com, is about a woman who wants a simple life with some sense of normalcy--but what she has is a home invasion gone terribly wrong, an old boyfriend hot on the prowl, and one very angry husband. This leaves the question, will this werewolf in hiding be able to keep her identity hidden from the mortal man she vowed to honor all while the bonds of her marriage are tested by her long lost love?

How long did it take for you to find a publisher for this story?

About a year or so of active querying, but keep in mind that I didn't query all the prospects I'd was considering at one time. I was deliberate and would query a publisher then wait to hear a 'yea' or 'nay' before I proceeded. Sure, I could have saved some time and just slung it out there but I don't believe that would have got me anything more than a stack of stock rejections, or an acceptance I wouldn't really want, so I did what I felt was right for me.

What was the hardest part in trying to find a publisher?

As one would expect, researching the various publishers (just because there are so many e-publishers out there), finding out what they wanted (or didn't want), and tailoring my query took a lot of time but when I think about it, what I would have to say was the hardest part was trying to find a publisher I wanted to work with because I knew didn't want to sign with just anyone.

Do you have any other fiction titles available?

Yes, I do. "Calypso's Revenge: A Traitor's Heart" is a romantic speculative fiction novel that was also released this December (in print and ebook) and my debut novel, a paranormal romance titled "True Nature," is still available (in both ebook and print formats). I also have a couple of other shorter works either forthcoming or available on my website.

Where can readers find out more about your books?

Readers are encouraged to come visit my website to find out more about me, my books, and my work in the publishing industry. Excerpts are posted for all my books along with links to where they can be bought. I also have a blog and newsletter (so remember to sign up while you're there).

Thanks for having me vast on your blog today!

dehanna

WEBSITE: http://www.dehanna.com/
BLOG: http://www.thebackroomat.dehanna.com/

1 comment:

Vivian Zabel said...

I'm not a big paranormal reader, but this book sounds as if it has a different twist that would make it a fun read.

http://vivianzabel.blogspot.com
http://prairiedogcowboy.weebly.com