Monday, January 19, 2009

"Spiritual Animals" Show

Anna Maria Prezio with host Josh Meyers on her Spiritual Animls Radio Show www.internetvoicesradio.com tonight:
 
Overcoming stress, anxiety, panic disorder and depression are behaviors that animals experience as
well as people.  What can we do to help animals with these behaviors?

Josh Meyers is trained in nutritional support for voercoming stress, anxiety, panic disorder, and depression.

 

At   five years of age   Josh Meyers had his first panic attack which, over the next twenty years, spiraled into crippling anxiety and depression. Unable to eat, sleep, work, socialize or attend school and fearful of loosing  my life,   he threw myself into research which led to   his recovery.

As a California state US Jr. Olympic champion in Rifle,  he trained at the US Olympic Training center in Colorado Springs. As an instructor and owner of a Paragliding company,  he supported himself and  his family while getting  his degree in Psychology.  He is  now married and has two children.

His  passion is to help others live full, happy, free, rewarding, and successful lives.

My grandfather lived his whole life with profound anxiety and depression, he lived a little more than eighty years. My mother struggled with the same disorders for forty years; she had some help and guidance. I overcame the same issues in twenty years and now help others overcome their challenges in a few month or sometimes weeks!

There is no magic in this, it is all about knowledge and understanding that came hard for those who came before us, but is now easily available to anyone. This is no different than for thousands of illnesses that used to claim whole lives, but now can be fixed in short order. We are now at a point where no one needs to have their lives diminished by anxiety and depression. It is my personal mission to share this belief with as many people as possible, and to help anyone who has the courage to ask for it.

I  remember vividly my downward spiral of going from my first panic attack to my next panic attack, to generalized anxiety to depression with generalized anxiety. For years I cycled from generalized anxiety to depression and back with some pannic attacks thrown in for good measure. What a terrible time that was. I was waiting for a miracle of some kind to bring me out. The miracle turned out to be many small changes in my life that anyone can do. The trick is to find your own personal set of behaviors that help you to feel better. For most people this takes about a month working with me once a week.

No comments: